Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TWD: Sweet Potato Biscuits



This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Sweet Potato Biscuits on pg. 26. Chosen by Erin of Prudence Pennywise.

These defeated my most basic rule of baking. They required rolling. *grumbles* I suppose it wasn't so bad. Mine didn't rise very much, and I still suck at mixing in the butter with the dry ingredients. All that being said, I'd totally make them again. Even though they were ugly, they tasted really...neat. They were good, bit weird at the same time. I guess that doesn't make much sense, but there it is.


Make em. They're worth it. Even if you have to scrub the counter for an hour to get all the residue off. Oh, and I used a cup of canned pumpkin instead of sweet potatoes. Worked great. Look here for the recipe, or buy the best baking book EVER!

2 comments:

  1. No I totally get your weird thing. Its a biscuit but its sweet potato. I ate mine plain but I think I'm going to make a sandwich with them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are interesting. I really like sweet potatoes. But I DO NOT roll...ever. Ever.

    ReplyDelete