Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TWD: Allspice Crumb Muffins

This week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe was chosen by Kayte of Grandma’s Kitchen Table. She chose for us to make Allspice Crumb Muffins, citing that she wanted a recipe that was easy, didn't require a lot of dishes, and readily available ingredients. I think she did a great job!



These were great (even though I may have forgotten them in the oven about 5 min too long). I wasn't really sure how they'd rise, so I didn't fill them to the top of the muffin cup. Mine didn't rise much at all but that's OK, I think my baking powder is kinda old. Good thing I ran out while making these! They tasted great and that's pretty much all that matters. I also found out that I stink at making streusel which is always good to know. As Kayte wanted, the process didn't take many dishes, and the ingredients were all things I had in the pantry.

These muffins would be perfect for breakfast. In fact, tomorrow before my dreaded root canal, I'm going to eat all 10 that I have left. You know, just in case I can't eat later...yeah...that's why!

For the recipe, you can either buy the best baking book ever, or go to Kayte's blog.

2 comments:

  1. OMW, did you eat all 10??? Heaven! I like the look of your crunchy topping and the color that you got on yours, very nice. Happy to hear that you liked my choice for all the right reasons...LOL! Thanks for baking with me this week. I hope the root canal went okay, sometimes they are not as bad as you anticipate, so hope that was the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayte! The root canal wasn't quite as bad as I thought, so that was a relief. Still not done though, have to have more work done this week :( And nah, I didn't eat all 10...maybe just 7. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete