Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TWD: Chocolate Souffle


Oh my goodness...

Just...

Wow.

That's all I can say really. Just wow.

Anyway, on to the food. I was really intimidated by the name. I had no idea what it was supposed to be like. And what, you might ask, is it like? Heaven. That's what. It was probably my perfect idea of a chocolate dessert. It was a brownie mixed with a cake that was slightly gooey in all the right places while still done and kinda spongy in a good way.

I baked this pretty much as the recipe stated. The only difference was I used 4 ramekins and a fiesta coffee cup to bake in. I baked at 390 for about 22 minutes. My wonderful egg-master of a husband did however spill a bit of egg yolk into the batch of whites, but it worked out just fine. When folding in the egg whites, I was being extra gentle so I didn't go for completely mixed up and was a little worried but apparently it didn't make any difference at all. My only complaint was nothing to do with the recipe and more to do with lighting and my crappy camera. Oh well :)

Many thanks to Susan at She's Becoming DoughMessTic for picking this. Check out her blog for the recipe. And thanks to Dorie for writing the best baking book ever!


(This one didn't rise very high since I filled it last and didn't have half a cup of batter. I'm still glad I didn't waste it, it was so good!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the last photo, the 'leftover' souffle looks soo cute sitting in your red cup! I loved this one too!

    ReplyDelete