Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Forgive me, no picture for this one!

Well, first off, I didn't get a chance to make the awesome looking Tuesdays with Dorie recipe this week. It was the Chocolate Crunched Caramel Tart chosen by Carla of Chocolate Moosey. I think its such a neat blog name btw. Anyway, if that sounds like something you'd like, head to her site and check it out.

Now...I did bake this week. I made this weird dessert (yes, weird, once you try it, you'll agree). Its called Neiman Marcus Brownies. I wanted to make it since one of my customers at work keeps bringing some to me from his Rotary club meeting that is catered once a week. The recipe came from a lot of different ones since I just google'd the name and figured it out from there. Here goes:


Neiman Marcus Brownies
Ingredients:

For the crust:
1 box yellow cake mix (just use the powder, no additions)
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

For the top:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar (the small boxes that brown sugar comes in too)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

And for the in-between:
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2-1 cup coconut
1 cup chocolate chips

OK. The process:
1. Mix the ingredients for the crust together. Press it in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Its going to be easier to do with your hands than anything else. I tried a spatula and gave up.
2. Press the pecans, coconut and chocolate chips into the crust mixture.
3. Mix the top ingredients together. Pour over the crust.
4. Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.

I took mine out at 40 minutes and added some more pecans and coconut to the top and then put back in for the remaining minutes. Watch it when it gets close to done, I took mine out a couple minutes early since the crust was already golden.

I kept mine in the refrigerator, though I think it would probably be OK on the counter as well. I ate some that night after it got done, and then some again this morning. And I have to say, I think it gets better a day later. Give it a shot, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment