Monday, August 3, 2009

My First Tuesdays with Dorie

I really love bundt pans.

This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie pick was Dorie's Classic Banana Bundt Cake chosen by Mary at The Food Librarian.

I made this about a week ago and took it to work and lets just say we were washing the pan before lunch. It was super moist and easy to make. If you like banana bread, you'll love this cake. This was my first baking experience from Baking: From My Home to Yours, and I can tell me and this book are going to be friends for quite a while.

The recipe can be found on pg. 190 of Baking: From My Home to Yours, or on Mary's blog. The only thing I changed was I added a few pecans to the pan before I put the batter in. Next time, I think I would add some chopped pecans throughout the batter. Banana bread/cake is always better with a few nuts.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to TWD.

    I see you put pecans in yours.

    I did too, along with butterscotch chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and I don't even like banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so why did you not share your cookies OR the cake with your sister????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome much to TWD. A great group, very creative.

    Your cake is lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete