Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Central BBQ...I love you.

Yesterday we had lunch at Central BBQ. Luckily for us its only a block away from where Ryan is in school so I have a feeling we'll be returning.

Its in a small building that probably only seats about 50 inside with a patio outside. When we first got there, the line was out the door which usually means we go somewhere else. Lucky for us we decided to stay. Ordering takes place right at the counter not once you're seated which accounted for the long line outside. After we ordered we barely had enough time to fix our drinks before the food was already out. Really really fast service!

I had a small BBQ pork sandwich since one of the locals in front of us told me that in Memphis BBQ means pork not beef :) The BBQ sandwiches normally come with cole slaw on them but since I hate cole slaw I ordered mine without it. Ryan had the large BBQ pork sandwich with the cole slaw and he said it was probably the best BBQ sandwich he'd ever eaten. They also have BBQ nachos which we passed on this time but saw another persons order and they were huge so that's what I'm trying next time!

For both of us to have a sandwich, me to have fries, and 2 sodas the price ended up being $16. The service was good even though to order so fast after you walk in you really need to look at the menu ahead of time. The building was really neat, and the food excellent. Central BBQ, you win my love. Oh, and they sell their sauce online. I liked the mild and wasn't a big fan of the others, but Ryan loved the hot BBQ.

Today? Neelys. Lets see how they measure up!

No comments:

Post a Comment