Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TWD: Cocoa-Buttermilk Birthday Cake


Well, you would think, being the Cocoa-BUTTERMILK Birthday Cake, I would remember the buttermilk when I went shopping this afternoon. I...did not.

But I tried anyway! I tried to make a buttermilk substitute using lemon juice and regular milk. I'm not really sure if that was the problem, or the minute or two over that I baked it since I was busy stuffing my face with dinner while watching Jericho. Either way, my cake is supa dry. And I'm extremely sad. The flavor is great though, so one day when I don't forget my head at the store, I'll make it again. Did I mention I had a list in my hand when I was at the store?

Oh, and for the icing, I made a chocolate cream cheese icing to go on it. I was feeling lazy so I didn't make the one called for in the recipe.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to the TWD club members!

If you want the recipe to my failure, its on pgs 256-257 of the BEST BAKING BOOK EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this was dry.

    I never seem to have butermilk when i need it. I usually end up making my own. Looking Buttermilk powder. Seems easy enuff to have on hand.

    cake looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete